Friday, May 30, 2008

Wedding Cards

Wedding Cards -
We all know you have to give a gift when you attend a wedding. Even if you were invited but cant make it, you still have to give the bride and groom something to wish them well with their new life together. I know, its a racket all right, but this is just the way it is and has been for a very long time. Because couples are older now when they marry, and many of them have their own households, gifts are becoming harder and harder to choose. Many people opt to simply give a wedding card with a little something tucked inside. Most choose a wedding card based on their feelings for the couple. Close friends and family tend to buy romantic or mushy cards, while those who arent quite as close often chose things that are more silly or comical in nature. For the most part, as long as the wedding cards you give are from the heart, the happy couple will love and cherish them. While a lot of people like to put cash in wedding cards, others like to put gift certificates. Cash can go for anything. It can go towards a down payment on a house, to help pay for the honeymoon, or can be just because. If you want to give a gift certificate, make sure it is for something they will love. If you get certificates for gym memberships for people who arent into working out, you are going to offend them. Keep their lifestyle and hobbies in mind when choosing gift certificates to include with wedding cards. If you are the bride, you probably want to save all of your wedding cards. I have done this, and I am glad I did. Even though I have only been married for five years, I have already lost someone near and dear to me since my wedding. The shower and wedding cards she got me for my special day are still in my scrapbook, and these are memories that I cannot replace. Any time I really miss her, which is quite often, I can go back and see the wedding cards and remember what she said to me at that time, and how special she was in my life. Wedding cards are more than memories of your wedding; they may be important memories of those you love and may lose sooner than you think.

No comments: